This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week are: Greg Kent, from Eureka College; and Rachel Williams, from Iowa Wesleyan University.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEKf
Kent, a senior guard from Chicago, Ill., is this week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week after standing out in all aspects of the game last week. Kent nearly averaged a quadruple double; averaging 16.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 7.5 assists, and 7.0 steals in two games. He totaled 16 points with 11 rebounds and nine assists in a win over Principia and followed with 16 points, 11 rebounds and eight steals against Spalding. Kent shot 52.4 percent from the floor and played in 78 of his team's 80 minutes on the week.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Williams, a senior guard from Phoenix, Ariz., is this week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week after helping her team to three wins last week including a pair of conference wins. Williams increased her scoring output in each game last week, starting with 18 points against MacMurray. She added nine rebounds and three steals in that contest. Williams followed with 22 points and three assists in a win over Viterbo and closed out her week with 29 points and three steals against Fontbonne. Over three games Williams averaged 23.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 2.3 steals while shooting 50-percent from the floor.
- Michaela Balducci, Eureka College (Eureka College) Balducci recorded her fourth double-double this season with 24 points and 10 rebounds against Spalding.
- Dominique Ellis, Spalding University (Men's Basketball) Ellis scored 28 points in a win over Eureka, shooting 5-of-8 from three-point range.
- Chris Fowler, Iowa Wesleyan University (Men's Basketball) Fowler keyed the Tigers offense in two wins last week, averaging 23.5 points and 10.0 assists per game while shooting 63-percent from the field.
- Ben Kissing, Fontbonne University (Men's Basketball) Kissing averaged 26.0 points per game, going 7-of-10 from three point range and shooting 65.5 percent from the floor.
- Brianna Markusic, MacMurray College (Women's Basketball) Markusic recorded 28 points and 13 rebounds against Blackburn.
- DeAmbra Pilkinton, Fontbonne University (Women's Basketball) Pilkinton scored 25 points in a win over Blackburn, going 10-of-18 from the field.
- Hunter Ward, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Ward poured in 31 points in a win over Greenville, going 12-of-18 from the field, while adding 13 rebounds.
- Andrea Zalis, Westminster College (Women's Basketball) Zalis recorded two double-double's last week, averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds per game.