This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Baseball Players of the Week are: Kam Bruner from Spalding University and Connor Jacobs from MacMurray College
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL HITTER OF THE WEEK
This week’s St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Baseball Hitter of the Week is Kam Bruner from Spalding University. Bruner, a junior first baseman, helped the Golden Eagles to a sweep of nationally ranked Heidelberg. The Shelbyville, Ky. native hit .500 in the two game series, driving in four runs. In the first game of the series Bruner drove in the game-winning run of a 7-6 game with a walk off single. He delivered a two run home run the next day that put his team on the board in a 4-2 win. Bruner finished with an on-base percentage of .800, drawing five walks, while also scoring three runs.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Jacobs is this week’s St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week after securing a 1-0 win over Knox College. With little room for error Jacobs limited Knox to no runs and just one hit, striking out eight in six innings of work. Jacobs, a junior from Springfield, Ill., improves to 1-1 on the season.
- Ben Greenway, Fontbonne University- Greenway totaled five hits in three games over the weekend; going 2-for-3 with two runs batted in during a 7-4 win over Chicago.
- Drake Hardin, MacMurray College- Hardin racked up seven hits last week, driving in four, including a 4-for-5 game against Lakeland.
- Deion Hughes, Westminster College – Hughes picked up a complete game win over Grinnell, going seven innings and scattering four hits while striking out nine.
- Jimi Keating, Spalding University- Keating notched a win over #25 Heidelberg, going seven innings and allowing two runs while striking out seven.
- Kyle Uhrich, Webster University – Uhrich went 4-for-5 with a double in a 4-3 win over Wisconsin-Oshkosh.