We are just over a month away from the 2018 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Symposium. The symposium will include speakers and various table topics that are aimed at helping prepare students heading into the professional world. Be sure to register for the SLIAC Symposium today at no cost. The cost to the symposium is covered by the conference office but space is limited to seven students from each member institution.
This year's speakers and topics will include leadership, financial fitness, etiquette, social media, and diversity. In addition, professional headshots will be provided for all those in attendance. Below is a full list of speakers and topics which will be covered during the day-long event.
- Smiley Poswolsky will open the event with a discussion on Millenial Leadership.
- Matt Baderman, a Fontbonne University alum, will be talking about financial fitness for the young professional.
- Suzanne Krupica, who works in Career Services at Blackburn College, will touch on etiquette for meetings and meals.
- Richard Oswald, from State Farm Insurance, will talk about insurance needs for the young professional.
- Anne Godman, from MacMurray College, will discuss social networks and guidance in using sites like LinkedIn.
- Resa Lovelace, from Oregon State University, will address diversity in the workplace.
- Professional headshots will be provided by Amelia Howard.
The 2018 SLIAC Symposium will be held Saturday, April 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are interested in attending the event please contact your school's athletic office. Registrants must have signed up by March 14 to guarantee a spot. The symposium will be held at DoubleTree Hotel in Chesterfield, Mo.
- #SLIACtion -