This week's SLIAC Players of the Week are Monica Behrle, of Webster University; Kate Jolliff, of Greenville College; John Lord, of Webster University, Morgan Mansur, of Webster University; and Blake Patterson, of Spalding University.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS HITTER OF THE WEEK - MARCH 20
Blake Patterson, from Spalding University, is the SLIAC/Diamond Sports Baseball Hitter of the Week for March 20. Patterson helped the Golden Eagles to a pair of conference wins, hitting .600 over four games. Patterson notched a hit in all four games including back to back three hit games against MacMurray to wrap up a three game conference series. He added one home run and drove in seven, while also scoring three runs and finishing 9-of-15 at the plate. On the week he finished with a .625 on-base percentage and a .800 slugging percentage while stealing two bases.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS PITCHER OF THE WEEK - MARCH 20
John Lord picks up this week's SLIAC/Diamond Sports Baseball Pitcher of the Week award after helping the Gorloks take down #5 ranked Wisconsin-LaCrosse last week. Lord worked 6 1/3 scoreless innings in recording the win. He allowed just four hits and one walk while striking out seven batters.
SLIAC SOFTBALL HITTER OF THE WEEK - MARCH 20
Kate Jolliff is the SLIAC Softball Hitter of the Week for March 20. Jolliff, a junior from Mulberry Grove, Ill., hit had three multi-hit games on the week including a four hit outing. Jolliff also drove in a run in five of her team's seven games on the week. She finished the week with a .524 batting average and two home runs with 11 runs batted in while compiling a 1.238 slugging percentage. Jolliff finished 11-of-21 at the plate with eight runs scored while adding three doubles and a stolen base.
SLIAC SOFTBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK - MARCH 20
Morgan Mansur, a junior from Decatur, Ill., is the SLIAC Softball Pitcher of the Week. Mansur picked up a complete game shutout win for the Gorloks in her only appearance on the week. Mansur notched a 7-0 win over North Park, throwing all seven innings while allowing just two hits. Mansur struck out six batters while walking none. On the season Mansur is 5-1 overall with a 2.33 earned-run average and two shutout wins.
SLIAC WOMEN'S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK - MARCH 20
Monica Behrle picks up her third SLIAC Women's Tennis Player of the Week award after rolling through her competition during the team's spring break trip to South Carolina. Behrle recorded seven total wins on the week, including four wins at #1 singles in which she won eight straight sets. Behrle added two more wins at #1 doubles, teaming up with Madison Watts in 8-4 and 8-5 victories.
- Erica Burney, Westminster College (Softball) Burney hit .643 with seven runs batted in over four games last week.
- Terri Dearth, Webster University (Softball) Dearth picked up four hits in a pair of games last week as the Gorloks wrapped up their spring break trip.
- Sam Huesgen, Westminster College (Baseball) Huesgen recorded a complete game shutout win over Iowa Wesleyan, striking out seven.
- Sam Klein, Spalding University (Softball) Klein capped off her week by hitting a grand slam in her team's 11-1 win over Berea, finishing the week with a .450 average.
- Calynn LaGesse, MacMurray College (Softball) LaGesse totaled four hits in her team's double header against Rose-Hulman, adding two runs batted in.
- Dusty Nace, Eureka College (Baseball) Nace tallied two hits in both games of a double header against Robert Morris-Springfield, adding four RBI on the day.
- Travis Ralls, Greenville College (Baseball) Ralls had three multi-hit games last week including two three hit games, driving in seven on the week.
- Phillip Reedy, Greenville College (Baseball) Reedy worked 11 scoreless innings last week, striking out eight batters and allowing just 10 hits in two appearances.