The St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference has announced the Players of the Week for November 4th. The following student-athletes earned this week's honors Tyler Brown, BJ Dryer, Heidi Koehl, Hayley MacWilliams, Tess Rountree and Summer Switzer.
MEN'S SOCCER - OFFENSIVE
BJ Dryer (Webster University) Dryer, a freshman from St. Louis, Mo., come up big for his team last week scoring the game winning goal in a 1-0 win over Westminster to secure a tie in the standings. Dryer tallied the only goal of the game at the 22 minute mark of the contest.
MEN'S SOCCER -
Tyler Brown (Webster University) Brown, a junior from St. Louis, Mo., helped the Gorloks to a pair of shutout conference wins. Brown was part of a defense that allowed just two shots on goal. Against Iowa Wesleyan Brown and the Gorloks held their opponent to just one total shot and against Westminster they held the Blue Jays seven shots below their season average.
WOMEN'S SOCCER - OFFENSIVE
Hayley MacWilliams (Principia College) MacWilliams, a senior forward from Fullerton, Calif., tallied a goal in each of her team's games last week. MacWilliams scored the game winning goal against MacMurray when she quick kicked a free kick, catching the defenders off-guard. She followed with the only goal of the game for Principia in a 1-1 tie against Greenville that helped her team advance to the SLIAC Tournament.
WOMEN'S SOCCER - DEFENSIVE
Heidi Koehl (Greenville College) Koehl, a senior goal keeper from Belleville, Ill., helped her team secure a spot into the SLIAC Tournament with a pair of ties against conference opponents last week. Koehl allowed just one goal in each game, totaling 220 minutes of action and holding a 0.82 goals-against average. Against Fontbonne Koehl recorded seven saves and followed with a six save game against Principia. For the week Koehl finished with an .867 save percentage.
VOLLEYBALL - OFFENSIVE
Tess Rountree (Principia College) Rountree, a junior outside hitter from Paso Robles, Calif., powered her way to Player of the Week this week by averaging 6.00 kills per set including a 39 kill performance. Rountree registered 39 kills in a five set battle against Westminster and earlier in the week added 20 kills in a win over St. Louis College of Pharmacy. Rountree finished the week hitting .398 with 72 kills in 12 sets.
VOLLEYBALL - DEFENSIVE
Summer Switzer (Principia College) Switzer, a junior libero from St. Louis, Mo., averaged 6.25 digs per set in three matches last week. She recorded back to back 32 dig performances and helped her team to a 2-1 record. For the week she finished with 75 digs in 12 sets. She also added eight aces on the week including four aces against Westminster.
- Corinne Coon, Greenville College (Volleyball) Coon averaged 4.09 kills per set this week; recording double digit kills in all three matches including a 19 kill match against Buffalo State.
- Katelyn Cosgrove, Spalding University (Volleyball) Cosgrove turned in all-around performance in her team's win over Fontbonne recording 14 kills, 19 assists and 15 digs.
- Sam Kersting, Webster University (Volleyball) Kersting was effective in both aspects on the court this week averaging 3.89 kills and 1.56 blocks per set.
- Riley Lawrence, Westminster College (Volleyball) Lawrence recorded 22 kills in a win over Principia and hit over .500 in her other two outings on the week.
- Carlie Sanderude, Principia College (Women's Soccer) Sanderude was key in her team's defense last week limiting Greenville's top scorer to no shots in a 1-1 tie that helped her team gain a berth into the SLIAC Tournament.
- Jamie Schollenbruch, Greenville College (Volleyball) Schollenbruch reached double figures in digs in all three of her teams matches on the week, averaging 6.09 digs per set and recording 36 digs against Buffalo State.